Friday, July 14, 2006

Flipper is Adopted

Yesterday I started working on an application for Flipper that I received online. A couple in their 30s with a six month old son were interested in adopting Flipper.

I spoke with the wife and really liked her. I called a couple of references, one of which I also really liked. I asked the wife if she thought her son would be okay with Flipper as he (the son) got more mobile. She said that she plans on teaching her son early the right and wrong ways to interact with a dog.

Flipper has a pretty laidback personality so I think he'd be good around kids of all ages. He'd probably like the extra attention.

Originally we were going to plan an adoption meeting for Sunday afternoon. Andrew and I were going to be busy yesterday evening. The family was going to be busy today and tomorrow. But when I called to let the family know that they were approved I spoke with the husband. He's from England and for some reason at times over the phone I couldn't understand him! He asked if he could come and pick up Flipper and surprise his wife, who was out at the time.

So Flipper ended up going home earlier than expected. I liked this family so hopefully Flipper will like them too. The husband took the leash and collar that Flipper had on saying that he'd return it later in the day. Typically we adopt dogs without collars and leashes so that items can be reused for other dogs. I took Vicky's tag off the collar in case for some reason the items didn't come back. But when Andrew and I returned home from eating dinner and getting him some new running shoes the leash and collar were on hanging off the handle of the front door. Flipper wasn't attached so I took that as a good sign. ;)

The husband said that he'd have his wife call yesterday after they got home and surprised her. She never did call. Maybe she will today or tomorrow. If not I'll go with the no news is good news thought.

Since we didn't have Flipper for very long we'll probably take in another foster dog, if we're needed, sometime next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home